Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I love the Summer Olympics!

I love the years of of the Olympics. Needless to say I have been glued to the TV as much as possible to watch the events. Of course the number one thing to watch is swimming, then diving, gymnastics, beach volleyball, track and field, etc. All I have to say is thank goodness for DVR so I can record the events i want to watch when I am not able to watch them live :). The winter olympics in 2010 are going to be in Vancouver and we are thinking of trying to go to some events where vancouver is only a couple hours away. I have always wanted to go to an olympics.

Tomorrow is our Anniversary. It will be 9 years. Luckily this weekend the kids' school is having parents night out this weekend so we get to go out. yeah!!! I am not sure what we are doing yet. We will have to decide today so we can make reservations. I am thinking it might be dinner and a movie maybe.

This last weekend was interesting. Michael had to work on Saturday for a deployment until around 6 pm. we met him at his work and then drove over the mountains to find some clear sky so we could see some of the perseid meteor shower. Luckily there was just enough clear sky that we were able to see some and Arianna was able to see one or two as well which is what we were wanting.

Our next trip is the weekend of the 23rd. We have to go down to portland for a picnic. Michael had promised Arianna a ride in an convertable this summer so I think we will rent one for the day when we are down there. We will see how that goes :).

I am working on getting Arianna signed up for soccer in the fall and then she will continue with swimming as well. Right now we are not continuing with gymnastics in the fall because I don't want her to be so booked with afterschool classes because swimming is M/W and soccer will be on Tues or Thur. The do have classes on the weekends but we want to keep weekends free so we can do family things where she will be in school everyday. So we will see how things go.

I can't believe how fast this month is going. We still need to get Arianna's school supplies and finish getting her some more school clothes. We need to get some jeans tailored for her as they are too long. We also need to get some new tennis shoes.

Well I need to get going and start some cleaning :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Trusting your celebration is wonderful.

Oooo, the meteors sound wonderful. Y'all just use your time amazingly well!

Enjoy the sunshine, and the Olympics, its going to be a lovely summer day.

Cheer-e-o,

Pam